Frequently Asked Questions
What are your business hours?
- We are available to take telephone reservations and answer inquiries each day from 7:00am to 8:00pm
- Please note that guests are welcome to Check In after 3:00pm.
- Check out time is 11:00am
What do I do if I am checking in after the office is closed?
- If possible, call and let us know if you will be checking in late so that we can make arrangements for you to get your keys. There is usually an employee on the property that can check you in after hours. Otherwise, your room will be signed with your name and the room key will be placed in the door for your convenience.
Is it possible to rent a room without reservations?
- Yes! if you call or come to the Chuparosa Inn and there is availability, we will rent you a room. After hours, our on-site manager can help you until dark. We also have someone answering the phone until 8:00pm.
Do you allow dogs?
- No, we do not accept pets.
What about guided bird walks?
We can arrange a guide for you as a courtesy.
Day visitors can get in touch with either one of them to book a bird walk.
Laurens Halsey: 520 237-1284, Jack Murray: 520 648-0608
Is there a restaurant in the canyon?
- There is no food service in Madera Canyon. Bring your own food. Grocery stores and restaurants are in Green Valley, 14.2 miles away. Every room has a kitchenette for light cooking. There is no stove/oven in the rooms, except the Trogon Suite. See the accommodations page for a list of what is in the kitchenettes. Most guests use the gas BBQ grill for entrees and cook side dishes in the microwave oven. There is a separate burner at the BBQ for pots or pans.
Can I have guests visit me at the lodge?
- No, for the privacy of all our guests, please note that non-guest visitors are prohibited.
Can we build a campfire?
- Yes, the Chuparosa has a fire-pit located next to the gas BBQ grill on the creek side of the house. Firewood is provided and Luis will help if requested. During times of high fire danger (May/June) campfires may be prohibited.
Is there A/C and heat in the rooms? How about fireplaces?
- We have air conditioning and heating, but no fireplaces.
Do you offer any discounts?
- There are no discounts available at this time. Please check back often!
Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes. They make great gifts.
Things to do while here..
- AZ Sonora Desert Museum
- Saguaro National Park
- Spanish Missions
- Titan II Missile Museum
- Fishing & Boating
- Wine Tasting - Vineyards
- Kartchner Caverns
- Bird Watching
WRITE A REVIEW on
Luis Calvo & Nancy Hertel
Bed & Breakfast
1300 S. Madera Canyon Rd
Madera Canyon, AZ 85614